This course is accredited by the University of Warwick OVERVIEW Sport is big business. More people than ever before now understand how an active lifestyle is linked to good physical and mental health, and are prepared to spend their income and leisure time on sports-related activities. Our Sports Management foundation degree course will give you the practical skills to make the most of business opportunities in this exciting sector. Sports Management offers a wide variety of employment opportunities, from working for national governing bodies or managing leisure facilities and sports events to sports marketing and commercial development. Our course features distinct learning pathways to ensure you gain the range of skills vital for success in your preferred career, from football scouting or sports analysis to social media management and more. Supported by cutting-edge facilities, our course lets you put learning into practice through a variety of residential visits in the UK and overseas. The course also carries industry accreditation and recognition from key bodies including the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) and the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), providing you with free student membership and access to a range of industry resources. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Residential visits – Boost your understanding of the global sports business on residential trips – past destinations have included Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Poland, with essential costs covered by the University
- Enrichment – Visit Commonwealth Games venues, football stadiums and St George's Park (home of the FA), as well as hearing from top industry speakers
- Industry approved – Our course is accredited by CIMSPA and the DMI, offering you enhanced industry recognition and additional benefits including membership on enrolment
- Award-winning university – Study at the University of the Year offering the best Student Support in the UK (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2022)
- Sports development officer
- Sports marketing manager
- Sports strategy officer
- Business development manager (sport)
- Fitness centre manager
- Event manager
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Brand U
- Coaching for Performance and Management
- Finance and Economics of Sport
- Sport and Society Research
- CWG 2022
- Digital Media and Marketing
- Investigative Journalism
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk ASSESSMENT Estimated breakdown of assessment for this degree course:
- Coursework – 55%
- Practical assessment – 40%
- Written examinations – 5%
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Non-tariff: Non-UCAS Tariff based Level 3 qualifications are also considered for entry please contact [email protected] to check your eligibility. Work-based: We also give equal consideration to applicants who are currently in work and wish to apply to UCB. To apply, you must have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience, demonstrating management or supervisory duties. Your application must also include a reference from your line manager supporting your entry to higher education. For further details please contact Admissions. Students who are studying a mixture of qualifications will receive an offer that will be inclusive of all Level 3 qualifications.
English language requirements
|Cambridge English Advanced||Level B2||BA/BSc - Minimum 170 with no less than 160 in any skill FdA/FdSc - Minimum 160 with no less than 150 in any skill|
|IELTS (Academic)||BA/BSc - Overall score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each component FdA/FdSc - Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in each component|
|Institution's Own Test||BA/BSc - Overall score of B2 with no less than B2- in in each component FdA/FdSc - Overall score of B2- with no less than B1+ in in each component|
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University College Birmingham