There is a growing demand for professionals who can harness latest technology to design and produce novel measurement and control systems.
- Choose a highly regarded masters course accredited by the Institute of Measurement and Control
- Take your first steps towards Chartered Engineer status: this programme covers all the educational requirements you need
- Gain the ideal preparation for senior roles in areas such as automotive, aerospace, petrochemical, scientific or manufacturing applications
- Enjoy vital industry insights with visits to major companies
- Undertake practical projects underpinned by latest research
- Learn from experienced and supportive tutors who will help you to reach your full potential
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96.9% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016
Modules: research methods: application and evaluation; intelligent instrumentation systems; embedded system design; CPD and strategic management; modern control system design; industrial electronics; negotiated technical module; independent engineering scholarship.
Assessment may take many forms: written work, presentations, contributions to online discussions, computer aided designs, laboratory assessments, in-company interviews, viva voce and time constraint exams
You'll normally need an appropriate engineering or science undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent, professional qualification, or significant industrial or professional experience following your initial qualification. If English is not your first language, you'll also need an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7850*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.