You will learn how to help athletes and clients reach their peak performance through this exciting top-up degree. The practical, industry-focused programme brings coaching, physiological, nutritional and performance analysis methods into study, allowing you to guide others to the top. It also integrates an additional qualification to further progression. Do you think you have what it takes to maximise athlete performance and carry out sport performance analysis? You’ll design, educate and lead clients with medical conditions through manageable exercise programmes, using STATS Perform software to analyse activities. You will develop your sports knowledge, while gaining vital experience of working both with teams and individuals to improve fitness levels and sports performance. You will also build on your knowledge of the benefits of regular exercise, as well as how to deliver safe physical activity sessions for those with medical conditions. Previous students have gone on to employment with Opta Sports, the Premier League, or further study to achieve a REPS and CIMSPA-recognised Level 3 Diploma in GP Exercise.
Modules may include: Developing the Talented Performer – 20 credits
- Gain insight into the physiological, psychological and sociological interplay when working with players or athlete
- Apply coaching principles to creative positive change with clients, athletes or teams
- Learn about practical application of recommendations and the effect on clients with medical conditions
- Based on research-led recommendations for exercise adherence, nutritional intake and physical activity
- Develop essential knowledge across exercise, health and wellbeing
- Consider practical application of recommendations and the effects on clients with medical conditions
- Gain real insight on performing in-depth, detailed sports analysis
- Use industry-leading STATS Perform software to code and analyse professional football matches
- Opportunity to achieve STATS Performance Level 2 qualification on completion
- Opportunity to demonstrate your critical writing ability and independent research skills
The course consists of 80% coursework and 20% presentations, and students will be assessed by: Case studies Presentations Essays Written reports Research project Research proposal
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University Centre
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Foundation Degree – Pass at FD in a Sports Physical education or sport coaching related subject HND – Merit in a relevant subject GCSE English – English Language Grade 4 (previous Grade C, prior to 2017) or above. Key Skills Level 2, Function Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Literacy are accepted in places of GCSEs GCSE Maths – Maths Grade 4 (previous Grade C, prior to 2017) or above. Key Skills Level 2, Function Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Numeracy are accepted in place of GCSEs International Qualifications – international qualifications will be assessed against these criteria IELTS – must hold IELTS score of 6.0, with no less than 5.5 in any component DBS Checks – Students will also be required to complete the Disclosure and Barring Service process (DBS) prior to commencement on placement. The department will cover the cost. Interviews – a successful interview required References – an appropriate reference required to evidence practical exercise and suitability for the course
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7950||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University Centre Leeds, Leeds City College
University Centre Leeds