This accredited BEng in Motorsport Engineering will give you the confidence and skills you need to progress into the international world of motorsport. Set yourself apart as an innovative and resourceful motorsport engineer - ready to work with top teams or high-profile manufacturers. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- ACCREDITATION: This course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). On completion, you will have met the full requirements to register as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and part of the requirements to register as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- FLEXIBILITY: Not sure on the type of engineering you want to study? Spend the first year covering all aspects of engineering and gain the multi-disciplinary skills and knowledge that employers are looking for. In year two, you have the option to switch your degree to either BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering or BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering or continue studying on BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering
- FACILITIES: Our state-of-the-art facilities include a dedicated workshop space with a vast range of vehicles and systems. Our computer labs host technical software widely used in the industry for design, modelling and simulation.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY: Take part in extra-curricular activity such as getting involved in track testing our RADICAL SR1, or joining Team Derby Motorsport who compete in the international competition Formula Student.
- TEACHING TEAM: Gain insight from our experienced teaching team. Some have worked at various championships in a variety of roles, whilst others work closely with local motorsport engineering companies to support and encourage innovation.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Derby