Our Software Engineering degree looks at software development including methodologies used in medium to large enterprises. The degree offers you a solid base of computing skills, equipping you for a wide range of future careers from programmer to systems analyst, software developer to computer scientist. Why study Software Engineering at Kent:
- Computer Science at Kent was ranked 8th for research intensity in The Complete University Guide 2022
- The School of Computing hosts a number of events such as seminars where guest speakers from academia and industry discuss current developments
- Our courses are taught by leading researchers who are experts in their fields
- You’ll learn how to specify, design and implement computer-based systems
- Options to study with a Year in Industry (UCAS: I103)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course