OVERVIEW There are endless opportunities in the international hospitality industry spanning everything from catering and tourism to events, hotel management and so much more. And much of the knowledge, skills and operational experience gained on the BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Business Management degree can pave the way for a career in business, marketing, human resource management or finance. You’ll start preparing for your career on day one. During induction week, you’ll learn about the exciting opportunities ahead. Placements, volunteering, events – there are lots of ways to make your CV stand out if you’re prepared to make the most of them. Our industry partners are with you every step of the way; which has never been so important given the challenges the industry has faced during the global pandemic. You’ll learn first hand how the industry is changing, adapting and overcoming obstacles, from managers and alumni in the know, and in real-time. Our Hospitality Forum Series, in partnership with Manchester Hoteliers Association, is one example of how we are responding to the impact of COVID-19. Through a series of interactive digital events, we aim to gain an understanding of exactly what impact COVID-19 is having on hospitality, what hoteliers are dealing with at this time and how they will overcome it. Our students are following the journey with the industry and can appreciate how resilient hospitality is. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Hotel mentorship scheme - open to final year students, you'll get the opportunity to be mentored by general managers from Manchester’s best hotels. Expand your networks, and gain a unique insight from those at the sharp end of the hotel industry.
- Test your skills - take part in competitions including the British Institute of Innkeeping (BII) awards and the HOTS (Hotel, Operations, Tactics and Strategy) competition where you’ll manage a virtual business.
- Enhance your employability – activities include internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Engage on an international level - take advantage of our international links with organisations like American Hotel Academy (Romania) or International Management Institute (Switzerland).
- Supporting you in person and online - student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course