Criminology and Sociology at Keele covers the core, grounding concepts of Sociology whilst exploring the various areas of the criminal justice system including policing, prisons, and rehabilitation. Keele was at the forefront of offering a named Bachelor's degree in Criminology in the UK and has many years experience of teaching Criminology to undergraduate students. In Criminology and Sociology we are committed to innovative, imaginative, and problem-solving approaches, you will be encouraged to become an independent and critical thinker. Why choose this course?
- Global Top 300 for Social Sciences (Times Higher Education World University Subject Rankings, 2022)
- Keele pioneered the teaching of undergraduate Criminology in the UK
- Option to study abroad to experience a different culture and society at a partner university
- Sociology is taught by specialists in areas such as migration, cultural studies, consumer culture, family, anthropological perspectives and, environmental sociology
- Criminology explores specialisms such as policing, prisons, drugs and alcohol dependency, youth justice, probation and transnational crime
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information