Overview These subjects share an interest in the medium of film and in some of the processes involved in constructing narrative and telling stories. They provide you with exciting opportunities to combine very different types of learning: in tandem with academic study and writing, you will be involved in developing your own creative practice as a writer. If you are looking for a degree that combines creative work and academic enquiry - and if telling stories and thinking about and writing for film and performance are where your interests lie - then this Joint Honours programme may be your perfect choice. Film Studies at Worcester introduces you to a wide range of film genres and gives you the ability to understand how we interact, represent our ideas, and tell our stories through a visual medium. Key features
- Creative teaching by academics and industry professionals
- High academic standards with an emphasis on critical evaluation, research skills and reflective practice
- Balance between contemporary and older films; British, Hollywood, and International cinemas.
- Small-class sizes, one-to-one tutorials and robust communication between students and staff
- Fantastic library collection of academic resources to include a variety of digital and on-line services
- Opportunities to study abroad in the United States, Canada and across Europe
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page