Overview Our MA Educational Leadership masters is a flexible course for anyone interested in critically exploring educational leadership. We offer a full-time route and a part-time route so you can study at a pace that suits you. Whether you are a current or aspiring leader in education or related field, our course appeals to a variety of backgrounds and professions. You’ll be joining a diverse and thriving community of postgraduate students from the UK and across the world. Critically analyse the key approaches and debates in the field of educational leadership from UK and global perspectives and develop your understanding of different leadership models. You will evaluate and learn to think with a range of theoretical frameworks to deepen your critical analysis of leadership. You’ll also use theory to examine and challenge your own beliefs and assumptions. This enables you to reframe how educational leadership is practiced and contribute to new and innovative methods for the future. We aim to empower you to approach your own research with confidence. You’ll extend your understanding of research techniques to prepare you for completing your own dissertation. You’ll be supported by active researchers in our internationally renowned Educational and Social Research institute (ESRI). We’ve designed this postgraduate course to allow you to specialise and focus on areas of education that interest you. You can specialise by choosing an option unit based on work by world-class researchers in the Faculty of Education. Your option units may include topics such as literacy and language, mental health, autism, or international perspectives in education. When you graduate, you’ll achieve a masters degree that highlights areas of your personal and professional interest. Features and benefits
- World-class research informed teaching - you’ll be taught by teacher-researchers, many of whom are global experts in their fields. This includes researchers from our internationally renowned Education and Social Research Institute (ESRI) in the Faculty of Education.
- Expert dissertation support - you can work closely with expert researchers from ESRI as part of your dissertation to help you shape and carry out your own research project. Expertise spans areas such as early childhood, literacy, STEM, and global educational trends.
- Join a diverse postgraduate community - you’ll become a part of a thriving community of postgraduate learners from a variety of professional backgrounds in the UK and across the world. This network helps to enhance your learning experience and further support you through your studies.
- Flexible learning – study either part-time or full-time so that you can fit your masters around your other commitments.
- Tailored to you – we’ve designed this course so that you can shape your learning journey to your individual interests. Choose option units and coursework topics to reflect specialisms in your personal and professional interest.
- Expand your knowledge – focus on the field of educational leadership and use your learning to reframe how educational leadership is practiced and contribute to new and innovative perspectives for the future.
- Study in a thriving education city – with a diverse and energetic scene, Manchester is one of the UK’s largest and most popular student cities. Our University shares the city’s strong national and international education links which can support and enhance your learning.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69