Course Overview Fire and Leadership Studies is the result of a unique, pioneering collaboration with the fire and rescue services, it recruits bright talent to the services and fast tracks you to senior positions. Why study with us
- The course is supported by an industrial liaison group, which reviews and inputs into the course to ensure it meets fire industry needs.
- An operational module is delivered in cooperation with Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service so you’ll learn from their expertise.
- There’s a part-time option for serving officers. This also means full-time students benefit from learning alongside experienced operational firefighters.
- Access to Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service’s internationally renowned training and fire investigation facilities.
- You’ll have international opportunities including travel and work placement with Operation Florian, a charitable organisation.
- Time is spent within services carrying out community fire safety education to the public.
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This course is recognised by the IFE as a Recognised Educational Programme (with academic exemption) for Member Grade (MIFireE). The IFE awards internationally recognised qualifications and membership, and plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet professional needs.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Energy Institute, The
- Fire Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding