The UK’s construction industry contributes approximately 10% to the country’s Gross Domestic Product, and employs thousands of highly-skilled workers. The techniques and technologies used in the industry are increasingly sophisticated, and this course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge needed for success. You will learn about the latest developments in the construction of sustainable and hi-tech buildings, and develop a wide range of management skills. And the course will help you understand the complexities of government policies and regulations, and how these affect the industry. We use a number of different teaching methods, including work-based learning, and these will enable you to gain experience and develop a portfolio. You will also have the chance to visit exhibitions and seminars led by experts. Why choose this course?
- Learn about the innovative structures, new materials and pioneering processes that are transforming the construction industry
- Study in a dedicated environment using the very latest industry standard equipment
- Develop the intellectual skills needed to conceptualise, develop and manage construction processes
- Gain knowledge and insight into the government policies and regulations that affect the industry
- Explore a wide range of areas including surveying, health and safety, construction law and CAD software applications
- Challenge yourself on work-based projects and assignments led by highly skilled professionals who will give you the benefit of their many years of practical experience
- Benefit from attending industry exhibitions and seminars arranged by experts
Areas of study include:
- Academic and Computer Skills, Health and Safety
- Design Principles and Structural Detailing
- Sustainability, Environment and Construction Technology
- Work Based Learning A - Surveying Learning and Practical Skills for Construction
- Building Services and Smart Homes
- Building Technology
- Construction Contracts, Measurements and Processes
- Human Resource Management and Career Development
- Work Based Learning B - Building Structures, Services and Control
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
We are happy to consider applicants with alternative qualifications and/or work experience. If you would like to check if your qualifications will be accepted please contact the Admissions Team.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course