This 2-year, part-time, distance learning Postgraduate Diploma course is recognised by the Institute of Concrete Technology as meeting the requirements for Associated Membership of the ICT (AMICT). The part-time, distance learning Diploma has been designed to develop the next generation of senior construction professionals working in design of concrete mixes, concrete production and construction. It will provide you with advanced, in-depth knowledge of both the theory and practical application of concrete technology to prepare you for a variety of senior roles. You’ll gain academic and industrial expertise using a range of online resources that give you the flexibility to study around your work and personal lives. Towards the end of the Diploma, you can decide if you wish to undertake a 12-month individual research project for the award of an MSc qualification. Course highlights
- Our courses are shaped by our world-leading research in the field of cement and concrete engineering.
- You’ll be taught by internationally renowned academics working at the forefront of their fields, who are passionate about the subjects they teach with strong industrial links.
- The course has been developed in association with the Institute of Concrete Technology.
- The course has been designed to fit around your working life. There are no exams. Instead you are assessed by a combination of group and individual assignments, plus short online multiple choice quizzes.
- Throughout your studies you’ll benefit from a structured support system, with module tutors who will offer help and advice about your approach to studying and how to become adept at independent learning.
Each module contains a mixture of group and individual assessment; with in-depth problem-based assessment complemented by questions probing your understanding of concrete technology, and by online assessment. These will evaluate your problem-solving skills as well as the breadth and depth of your understanding of the topics covered.
A bachelor degree with 2:2 (hons) in Civil engineering or a related discipline.We will also consider applications from candidates with at least 5 years’ experience at senior managerial level in concrete plant and concrete constructions. This will need to be independently verifiable. If you have passed the Institute of Concrete Technology exam stages 1-3, you’ll be eligible for approved prior learning which would allow you to be admitted to the PGDip or MSc (Eng). We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course