The HND is a 2-year course in Business focusing on the managerial skills needed to succeed within the business sector. The HND can prepare you for a career (or further studies) in a number of specialist areas, for example, Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Financial Services. With business roles being in high demand, particularly within the UK, studying on the Business course will provide a pathway into the industry for ambitious and committed individuals. Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur, looking to refresh your skills and knowledge or are simply seeking a change in career, our business course is available to you. You will gain insight into the different factors that influence modern-day businesses as well as the structures and strategies adopted by organisations to develop, grow and succeed. Aims and objectives
- Develop knowledge and skills required for employment in a business environment
- Acquire skills and knowledge in key business functions such as Management, Marketing, and Finance as well as developing knowledge and skills in Economics, Communication, Problem Solving and the influence of technology on the business environment and businesses themselves
- Provide a grounding for students looking to start up their own business by integrating a Business Fundamentals unit while exploring emerging digital business models and getting an introduction to accounting
- Develop study and research skills
- Develop transferable skills including Core Skills to the levels demanded by employersSuccessful completion of the HND in Business allows you to progress to year 3 of a related degree programme
Theory and practice are taught through a variety of innovative learning methods and opportunities. Assessment will be through report, essays and case studies as well as presentations, group assessments and projects. The HND includes a Graded Unit, which is a project in the form of a practical assignment. It is designed to assess your ability to retain and integrate the knowledge and skills gained in the award and also to grade your achievement. There are three grades: A — if you achieve 70% or over B — if you achieve between 60% and 69% C — if you achieve between 50% and 59%.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland
- Chartered Banker Institute
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Al-Maktoum College of Higher Education
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Successful completion of the HNC in Business
Applicants who do not meet the formal entry requirements will be asked to provide a 250-word statement alongside their application form. Mature students who do not meet the formal entry requirements are encouraged to apply and will be invited to attend an interview.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||5||Minimum of 5.0 in sub-components reading, listening and speaking. And 6.0 in writing|
English language requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£4500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£4500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£4500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Applicants can apply for UK government loans and funding. Bursaries & scholarships of up to £3,000 are available.