University of Huddersfield has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
**Why Business Data Analytics? Our Bachelor of Science in Business Data Analytics prepares business students with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience to create, analyse and manage data driven initiatives as well as associated business processes to facilitate decision making and large-scale business data analytics in organisations.** The concept and importance of “data analytics” has been known for a while, but the last few years have seen a sizeable swell in interest and media attention. Recently, the ways in which social media companies use the data collected about their users have hit the headlines and has shown the enormous impact data analysis and usage has on our lives every day. How will I learn?
- You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- A degree in business data analytics would impart you with important transferable skills, such as data analysis, visualisation, data management, critical-thinking and problem-solving.
- Open up opportunities across industries as data managers, data consultants, business analysts, consumer and market knowledge managers, chief data officers, big data architects and business and marketing analysts.
- The programme is designed to develop both technical and professional skills, technical in terms of data visualisation, database structures, and use of software – and professional skills in terms of the commercialisation of designed innovation and organisational decision making.
- You’ll learn to operate in the spaces between the IT and business disciplines and obtain the skills to both innovate in the new economy and commercialise those innovations. On completion you’ll possess the capacity to absorb and re-combine knowledge from different disciplines and innovate for the advantage of your organisation.
Year 1 Core modules: Responsible Business Enterprise Introductory Quantitative Economics Introduction to Databases Introduction to Data Analysis Organisational Behaviour Introduction to Business Analytics Year 2 Core modules: Operations Management Management Science Applications Quantitative Economics Governance and Identity Applied Data Science Creating and Leading Enterprise Year 3(Optional placement year) Final year Core modules: Strategic Management Data Management and Digital Business Econometrics The Psychology of Work & Organisations Independent Study Project
Study and assessments will be based on your choice of modules. Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Huddersfield
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Huddersfield Business School - Admissions
+44 (0)1484 472956
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625