Studying this internationally-focused and multi-accredited course you will come across leading industry speakers, consultancy projects, ‘live’ scenarios, and field trips to tourism hotspots. Why study BA (Hons) Tourism Management (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Bournemouth University is second in the UK for hospitality and tourism management according to the Shanghai Rankings of Academic Subjects 2023.
- One of the first courses to be offered in the UK and has been refined over three decades to give you the skills and knowledge of the tourism sector
- Taught by industry specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Pick specialist modules to bring your education in line with your own passions, interests and, ultimately, career aspirations
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement that can be taken anywhere in the world
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world.
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management, Academic & Professional Practice and Fusion Business Project. During Year 1 of your degree you will study: Tourism and Hospitality Industries, Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality, Understanding the Tourist, The Visitor Economy, Sustainable Tourism Destinations, Tourism, Wildlife & the Environment and more.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Travel and Tourism, Institute of
- Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Hospitality, Institute of
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|