University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview This Joint Honours course will allow you to explore two fundamental forces that shape our societies - education and language. At the same time you'll develop transferable skills that will boost your employability. Education Studies at Worcester will teach you about the development of modern education and how education differs across the world. You'll also learn about education from diverse settings, from Forest Schools to the inner city, and from young minds to lifelong learning. Studying English Language at Worcester, you will have the opportunity to explore the power that language has to influence how people view their world, from community formation to personal identity, and business relations. Key features
- The course is dynamic and innovative, with highly enthusiastic teaching informed by contemporary research
- Clear focus on the socio-cultural aspects of language use and an emphasis on the development of research skills with opportunities to present research outcomes through a student conference in the final year
- Opportunities to gain credit for work experience and / or mentoring in educational settings
- Very strong links with teacher training courses and providers of employment in other sectors of education
- Fantastic opportunities to explore education across a wide range of contexts: from primary schools to forest schools, from the UK to Africa
- Tailor your course to your individual needs with a joint honours degree
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.