Through our three-year BEng Architectural Engineering course, you will combine the creativity of architectural and building design with a strong technical overview of energy systems and environmental engineering. Learn with a multidisciplinary team of experts who teach the very best of current practice, drawing on their research excellence and extensive experience working with industry. Our programme offers a grounding in the fundamental principles of architectural engineering, including:
- design and management of building environmental systems
- structural and architectural design
- construction site engineering
- engineering mathematics and statistics
- numerical modelling and programming.
- digital technology and software, including building information modelling (BIM), building energy and urban microclimate simulations, and 3D laser scanning
- access to our immersive virtual reality "CAVE", which enables you to interact with 3D digitised environments
- a dedicated resource room containing course books, key professional journals and a wide range of industry specific publications.
The following modules have been approved in principle for delivery in 2024/25. Please note that as part of our current curriculum improvement process, all modules require final University approval and may be subject to change. Core modules:
- History of the built environment, material, and structural analysis
- Engineering Mathematics
- Information and Communication
- Building Services and Project
- Empirical Studies and Site Engineering
- Numerical Modelling and Programming
- Building Services and Fundamentals and Applications
- Architectural Design
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, and Fluids Mechanics
- Building Pathology and Surveying Practice
- Statistical Analysis
- Numerical Modelling and Project
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Design
- Sustainable Built Environments
- BEng Research Method and Dissertation
- Digital Technology Use in Construction
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Contextual offers for this programme are typically two grades beneath our standard entry requirement, e.g. BCC including A level Mathematics at B grade.
English language requirements
|We require a minimum score of 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 in each element of the test (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing).
|We require a minimum score of 88 overall with no less than 17 in Listening and Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking.
|Cambridge English Advanced
|We require a grade B or a score of 176 overall with no element less than 162.
|Cambridge English Proficiency
|We require a grade C or a score of 176 overall with no element less than 162.
|We require a minimum score of 69 overall with at least 59 in each element of the test (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing).
|Institution's Own Test
|Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP). We require a minimum score of 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 in each element of the test (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing).
|We require a Merit in each element from ISE II. If you take ISE III or ISE IV, we require a Pass in each element.
Full list of acceptable English Language Tests
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland