Prepare for a career in games and computer entertainment, animation, interactive environments, 3D visualisation or creative advertising. Develop the specialist skills and knowledge to enter the games, digital and creative entertainment industries. As part of your course you’ll:
- Focus on three main areas: programming and software engineering; art, concept and asset production; and game design studies, practice and theory
- Take products from an initial idea through the design, visualisation and technical implementation stages
- Be encouraged to foster your individual creativity
- Produce games based on your ideas
- Work with other students and tutors who have a passion for games and gaming
- 100% of BSc (Hons) graduates in work or further study 15 months after graduation*
- Gain valuable time in industry and practise developing content based on professional briefs through our placement scheme
- Showcase your work in front of leading employers at the end of year degree show, where past students have secured job offers
- Study within one of the largest university arts communities in the north, with 3000 students spread across over 40 courses
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Games Design
- Game Asset Creation
- Game Development 1
- Game Development 2
- Game Development 3
- Game Animation & VFX
- Game Studies
- Game Environments
- Concept Art & Visualisation
- Group Project
- Production Project
- Games Studio
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|