With increasing concerns about climate change and the impacts of humans on our planet there has never been a more important time to study this highly contemporary and engaging course if you truly want to make a difference. The demand for environmental and sustainability experts is unprecedented; this new and exciting course has been created specifically to address how we can manage the environment better with a key focus on sustainable futures. The course has been inspired by leading employers and developed in conjunction with experts working in the environmental sector. Employability skills are therefore at the core of your learning. Employers will want the skills you acquire. You will gain skills in the assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and interpretation of interactions between humans and the environment, and learn how to develop recommendations for sustainable management. Our students therefore graduate with the confidence to enter the workplace and make a difference. You will be taught by university lecturers carrying out internationally recognised research to address environmental issues, including pollution, sustainable food production, and the conservation of species and habitats. At the University of Worcester, we will work with you to help ensure you get more from your degree than just an excellent education and excellent student experience. In 2019, the University of Worcester was voted “Sustainability Institution of the Year” at the prestigious Green Gown Awards and in 2021 was ranked in the Top 5 (out of 182) in the People & Planet University League for UK’s Greenest Universities. You can also take Environmental Management & Sustainability with a Foundation Year and/or Professional Placement Year. Please see the separate UCAS pages for further information. Key Features:
- Two fully funded Residential Field Courses to the Brecon Beacons (Wales) and Provence (France) currently planned for 2022/23
- Extensive training and use of state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to measure and monitor environmental impacts, including using drones to sample and map air pollution.
- A course that equips you with the skills needed to investigate environmental issues in relation to the sustainable management of resources.
- Being taught by internationally recognised researchers at the forefront of their disciplines.
- Strong emphasis on the attainment of field and lab skills enabling students to thoroughly investigate issues and gain the skills demanded by employers.
- Superb links with the environmental sector enabling you to gain additional skills and experiences outside of the degree programme.
- Opportunity to gain extra professional experience by taking a Professional Placement Year or Professional Work Placement within the environmental sector.
- Emphasis on authentic coursework assessments preparing you for the workplace.
- Opportunity to study a foreign language and/or study overseas for part of your course.
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
You can select optional modules during all years of study, enabling you to specialise in key areas of Environmental Management & Sustainability. Students studying on the BSc (Hons) Environmental Management & Sustainability programme (with Professional Placement Year) will be automatically registered on a mandatory zero-credit Professional Placement Year module. For a breakdown of all modules you will study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'. Please feel free to request an Environmental Management & Sustainability Course Handbook directly from the course leader Dr Duncan Westbury ([email protected]).
There is a strong emphasis on assessing students through coursework based on real-world, authentic examples. For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.