If you have a passion for photography, this course gives you the knowledge, skills and techniques you need for a successful career in the field, whether your dream lies in fashion, advertising, animation, scientific and medical, or local studio photography. Gain the practical skills and theoretical knowledge of both traditional and digital photographic formats on a course that includes darkroom techniques; medium- and large-format photography; studio photography; stop-motion techniques; and event and location photography. See your images come to life collaborating on projects with students from other degrees such as fashion, animation, art and graphic design. Every day is different, whether working on location or in our airy, open-plan studios at Alexon House, formerly home to a leading UK fashion house. The course will encourage your entrepreneurial spirit as well as your creativity enabling you to enter the industry with confidence, or to pursue postgraduate study in photography and related fields. Why choose this course?
- Explore the ways a professional photographer works alongside other professions in the creative industries such as fashion designers, art directors, graphic designers and animators
- Learn from leading professionals in photography and design who exhibit internationally and work with clients including The Sunday Times, Mack Books and international design magazines such as Eye Magazine
- Amass a professional-standard body of work and a network of contacts through events, exhibitions and industry-based opportunities
- Learn how to use social media and other digital platforms to promote your work
- Develop your personal communication and entrepreneurial skills so you enter the world of work with confidence
Areas of study include:
- Context and Ideas
- Introducing Studio Practice
- Photography: Exploring Materials and Methods
- Thinking Through Making
- Collaborative Enterprise
- Context and Meaning
- Developing Professional Practice
- Photography: Developing Materials and Methods
- Creative Futures
- Critical and Creative Contexts
- Photographic Practices
- Final Major Project: Photography
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course