Course Overview Our Sexual Health Studies course is the UK’s first ever non-clinical undergraduate specialised degree programme and could lead to a career in sexual health services. Why study with us
- You’ll learn practical skills including: rapid HIV testing, pregnancy testing and asymptomatic screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- The programme is now more important than ever, with new regulations to make Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) compulsory in schools.
- Our programme links theory with practice and also teaches you the lifelong skills of advanced communication, project management and innovation.
- Gain real-life experiences in international locations in countries such as Uganda, Zambia and the Netherlands.
- Take on work experience within a variety of sexual health related organisations such as Brook Young Peoples service and George House Trust.
- Attend real-life sessions and see personal experiences – our students have met up with transgender females and a homosexual male living with HIV.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|