**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary
- Master traditional, new and technological skills in state-of-the-art studios.
- Work with practising designers who bring their experience and networks to the course.
- Experience employability-driven learning through applied real-world projects.
- Develop the confidence and skills required to utilise new technologies in the pursuit of innovative and creative solutions.
- Build a unique portfolio to prepare for a career in interior architecture and design.
- On the foundation year you will be part of a vibrant cross-disciplinary community of students with access to a dedicated studio space.
- studio-based design projects
- designing through making
- industry visits and field trips
- lectures and seminars
- specialist software sessions
- applied industry (live) projects and collaborations with industry professionals
- group work and collaboration
- group and individual tutorials
- exhibitions and presentations
- study trips
- Blackboard online learning portal
- presentations and feedback sessions
- self-directed study
- Work placements
- Live projects
- Field trips
- Networking opportunities
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the following modules list for further information. Year 1 (Compulsory modules): 1) Foundation Induction, 2) Foundation Projects. Year 2 (Compulsory modules): 1) Id People And Place, 2) Id Space, Form And Architecture. Year 3 (Compulsory modules): 1) Id Application, 2) Id Context. Year 4 (Optional modules): Placement Year. Final year (Compulsory modules): Interior Architecture And Design.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
We may also accept you if you have limited qualifications but can show evidence of ability and a genuine commitment to studying Art and Design.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend a portfolio review, this is where you can showcase your relevant work and highlight any pieces you are particularly proud of. In light of the updated advice from the Government about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are not currently offering face-to-face portfolio reviews but are instead accepting portfolios through digital submission.
Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent|
If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or an equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider either the International Foundation Programme: Art, Design and Media or Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533