Bournemouth University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Become a sports coach who changes people’s lives. With focus on coaching practice, sport psychology, and coaching sciences, this degree will give you the skills to evaluate sport coaching contexts and influence ethical and sustainable coaching practice. Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Placement opportunities can give you practical hands-on experience as well as a fantastic chance to make professional connections
- Study abroad at one of our many partner institutions in Europe and the US
- Optional alternative to final year dissertation project – a research expedition conducting in-depth research on the needs and responses of people completing a UK-based endurance event
- Get involved in various extra-curricular opportunities: our sport and events volunteering programme (RELAYS), workshops, conferences, industry visits, field trips, volunteering, guest speakers and more
- We have strong links with some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities
- 92% of graduates felt academic staff on this course were good at explaining things (National Student Survey 2019/20).
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management, Academic & Professional Practice and Fusion Business Project. As part of the degree, you will study a number of units including: Beginning Research in Sport & Exercise; Coaching Principles & Practice; Sport, Culture & Society; Principles of Sport & Exercise Psychology; Fitness Assessments for Sport Exercise & Health; Principles of Sport Management; Conducting Research in Sport & Exercise; Developing Coaching Practice; Coach & Athlete Welfare
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
On Tuesday 10 August, our Clearing helpline will be open between 7:30am - 6pm | Wednesday 11 August: 8am - 6pm | Thursday 12 August: 8am - 6pm | Friday 13 August: 8am - 6pm | Saturday 14 August: 10am - 3pm | Sunday 15 August: 10am - 3pm. From Monday 16 August, opening times will be 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4pm on Friday.