Become a sports coach who changes people’s lives. With focus on coaching practice, sport psychology, and coaching sciences, this degree will give you the skills to evaluate sport coaching contexts and influence ethical and sustainable coaching practice. Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Placement opportunities can give you practical hands-on experience as well as a fantastic chance to make professional connections
- Study abroad at one of our many partner institutions in Europe and the US
- Optional alternative to final year dissertation project – a research expedition conducting in-depth research on the needs and responses of people completing a UK-based endurance event
- Get involved in various extra-curricular opportunities: our sport and events volunteering programme (RELAYS), workshops, conferences, industry visits, field trips, volunteering, guest speakers and more
- We have strong links with some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities
- You'll be career-ready with 94% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating (source DiscoverUni 2022).
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management, Academic & Professional Practice and Fusion Business Project. As part of the degree, you will study a number of units including: Beginning Research in Sport & Exercise; Coaching Principles & Practice; Sport, Culture & Society; Principles of Sport & Exercise Psychology; Fitness Assessments for Sport Exercise & Health; Principles of Sport Management; Conducting Research in Sport & Exercise; Developing Coaching Practice; Coach & Athlete Welfare
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information