Why Business Management with Finance? Money often defines business success. Or in other words, profit, cash flow and investment. If you can understand how money talks, and the possibilities related to finance, you will have the knowledge and skills to help businesses gain a lead over their competitors. This course lets you develop specialist skills to be a manager and also to develop an understanding of the finance behind a business. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your ability to motivate and inspire a team of people to work towards a common goal. How will you learn?
- You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- We aim to give you a thorough grounding in finance and business, and give you lots of chances to see how the theory works in the real world.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to take a placement year, working in a business, either here in the UK or abroad.
- We have close links with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and you’ll have the opportunity to achieve a CMI qualification in Management and Leadership through no additional study or assessment.
- To help you go on to employment, you will also have the chance to take advice from our HR professionals. They could help you create CVs and portfolios, and work on your interview technique too.
Year 1 Core modules: ASPIRE 1 Understanding Global Dynamics Accounting for Managers (Foundation) Understanding Markets and Consumers Understanding Organisational Behaviour Year 2 Core modules: ASPIRE 2 Business Research Skills Banking with Financial Markets. Financial Technology and Control Environment Operations Management Option modules: Choose one from a list which may include: Data Visualisation Business Creation and Development Year 3 (optional placement year) Final year Core modules: ASPIRE 3 Strategy and Business Transformation Responsible Business Contemporary Issues In Accounting And Finance Global Financial Management Option modules: Choose two from a list which may include: Digital And Social Media Marketing Business and the Entrepreneur E-Commerce Climate Economics and Finance Or, Management Project
Study and assessments will be based on your choice of modules. Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages - https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/where-are-you-from/ Other suitable experience or qualifications will be considered. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Please see our website for full details of the scholarship http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/
University of Huddersfield
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Huddersfield Business School - Admissions
+44 (0)1484 472956
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625