This programme enables students to progress from the FdSc qualification to a full BSc Honours degree in Ecology and Environmental Management. Academic and industry knowledge, understanding and skills gained will be developed and applied to a greater depth and breadth. Students will explore and analyse current and future issues and trends and apply their learning in the field. What will I study?
- Conservation biology
- Ecosystem services and ecological consultancy
- Advanced geographical information systems (GIS)
- Freshwater ecology and management
- Additional facilities include Science Centre, IT suites, dedicated University Centre, study spaces and social areas, and modern Learning Resources Centre.
- Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to enhance and facilitate teaching and independent learning on all programmes.
- Experienced, supportive and motivated staff with both academic and industrial experience.
- Our experienced Life Coaches are on hand to help you through your University journey from mentoring and coaching to health, wellbeing and resilience. Learn more about how our Life Coaches can support you: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/university-centre/life-skills-team-at-ucbb
- Talks from a range of visiting speakers.
- Opportunities to attend trips to enhance learning.
- Students have access to a range of support through our study skills, and health and wellbeing teams. Further information can be found on our website: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/student-support
- Relevant extra-curricular activity and/or work experience is encouraged of all students in order to enhance learning.
You will study; Conservation biology Ecosystem services and ecological consultancy Advanced geographical information systems Freshwater ecology and management Dissertation Ecology and environmental management.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
University Centre Bishop Burton and Riseholme College welcome applicants from overseas. You will need to be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to apply for your student visa to the UK. You will need to pay your course fees in full prior to a CAS being sent to you. In order for us to process this and for us to comply with our duties as a Sponsor we are required to check other aspects of your application, for example your financial status. For more details please visit www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/international-students
Applicants should have a relevant foundation degree or a related HND. Life experience of mature students will be taken into account when considering applications. The successful completion of an entry task will be required when considering applications without the required formal entry qualifications
English language requirements
If first language is not English, or a Tier 4 student visa to study is required and GCSE grade C/4 English or equivalent is not held, English language proficiency level such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 overall (with a minimum 5.5 in each skill) will need evidencing.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£4625||Year 1|