University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
If you aspire to work in the global business world and with multi-national companies, our course is the springboard for your career. You’ll critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, learn how to provide creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership. And, our strong links with regional businesses, national and international partnerships will boost your Sandwich Year placement prospects in gaining good work experience. And, our strong links with regional businesses, national and international partnerships will boost your Sandwich Year placement prospects in gaining good work experience. Why Choose University of Cumbria You’ll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of international business and communication in small, medium and large organisations with a sound knowledge. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business - you’ll be doing it. Our innovative teaching can bolster your international business practice – and especially cross-cultural boundaries - because you’ll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a boardroom, giving you every opportunity to build your business confidence.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study with 6 months of graduating (DLHE 2017)
- Opportunity to study at our collaborative partner FAME in Malaysia
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional, national and international businesses boost your placement and employment prospects
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- Use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- We get to know you due to small class sizes and provide a personal tutor system
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors conduct international research giving you dynamic and research-informed teaching
- Study in a professional and interactive environment of our dedicated Business School
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
Modules Year 1 ■ Contemporary Business Management and Organisation ■ Introduction to Marketing in the 21st Century ■ Business Research and Practice ■ Essentials of Human Resources ■ Principles of Business Finance and Economics ■ The Business Sector. Year 2 ■ Applied Research and Analysis ■ Human Resource Management and Development ■ Management Accounting and Decision Making ■ Marketing and Consumer Behaviour ■ Organisational Behaviour ■ International Economics. Year 3 (optional) ■ Business School Sandwich Placement. Year 3/4 ■ Independent Project ■ Strategic Leadership, Innovation and Change Management ■ Consultancy Project ■ Global Business Perspectives ■ International Strategic Human Resource Management ■ International Strategic Marketing.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||96 - 112 points|
|A level||CCC - BBC|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMM - DMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||D: 15 credits M: 30 credits||Must pass all 60 credits, 45 at level 3|
|Scottish Higher||BBCC - ABBB|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|