Along with theoretical business knowledge, our Business Management degree routes will give you the practical experience you need to make your professional mark from day one. Why QMU?
- Placements give you the optimum balance of practical and theoretical learning.
- Smaller class sizes mean you will get close support and guidance from staff who get to know you.
- Graduate with a range of transferable business skills which are highly sought after by employers.
- Tailor your degree in Years Three and Four and study business management with another subject – analytics, digital marketing, finance or human resource management – and make your skills stand out
- Gain a solid foundation in the core principles of business management, including marketing, human resource management, finance, economics, entrepreneurship, strategy, law and operations management.
- Hone your practical business expertise with placements, guest speakers and project opportunities.
- Examine business themes at a more strategic level in Years Three and Four.
- Choose electives from a range of modules on offer.
- Have the opportunity to apply for an exchange at a university overseas in North America, Canada, Europe or Australia**.
A degree in Business Management has been offered by QMU for decades. We regularly review course content and options to ensure students are provided with an up-to-date learning experience which is relevant to current trends in business management. At the time of posting (Feb 2023) we have not yet confirmed all final modules for each named route for 2023 entry. This information will be posted here when available. Years One and Two: All students enrol on our general Business Management degree for Years One and Two which will give you a solid foundation in the core principles of business management. Years Three and Four: In Years Three and Four you will examine business themes at a more strategic level, choosing electives from a range of modules on offer. In Year Four you will also undertake a placement and a practical, business-focused piece of independent work in an area of your choice. Studying a general Business Management degree will allow you more flexibility to take advantage of the wide range of career options open to graduates in this field.
You will be taught in lectures, seminars and practical workshops. Outside these formally timetabled sessions you will be expected to continue learning through self-study. You will be assessed by a range of methods such as written exams, reports, poster presentations, business plans, live pitch, group presentations and negotiation role play.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Queen Margaret University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Successful completion of your HNC Business Management with a B in the graded unit can allow entry in to year 2. Successful completion of your HND Business Management with CB in the graded units can allow entry in to year 3. HNC/HND in Administration and Information Technology cannot be considered for advanced entry. We can consider applications to level 2 or 3 with suitable qualifications. Agreed articulation routes from Scottish HNC and HND programmes can be found here: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/study-here/access-to-higher-education/college-leavers-and-mature-students/
Standard Qualification Requirements
We accept many different qualifications, but cannot list them all here. Please contact the Admissions Team for further information or advice if you are thinking of taking a course of study. We welcome applications from international and EU applicants and you can find information on specific entry requirements by country here: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/study-here/international-students/information-for-your-country/. We also welcome applications from mature students, or people holding qualifications such as Access courses or OU modules. The Scottish Wider Access Partnership (SWAP) offers a range of local Access courses and those that are accepted for entry are listed here: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/college-qualifications
Minimum Qualification Requirements
English language requirements
IELTS with an overall score equivalent to 6.0 and with no individual component less than 5.5.
QMU English Language Requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland