If you don’t have the required UCAS points to secure a place on the full degree programme, this integrated foundation year will enable you to transition onto our BA (Hons) Sport Development course, preparing you for academic life at university. As part of your foundation year, you’ll:
- Study four sport-related modules -These will introduce you to the subjects included on each of our routes, from sport development and sport and exercise science to coaching and lifelong health
- Study two additional modules that will help you develop the academic and study skills needed to successfully transition from school or the workplace to higher education
- Learn how to provide opportunities for participation in sport for all sections of society and encourage people to lead healthier lives
- Examine how issues such as racism, poverty and gender inequality impact on sport participation – and how as a future practitioner you can challenge these issues
- Build your teamwork and management skills so you can lead on sporting projects to improve participation rates and attract investmentse.
Foundation Year Core Modules
- Introduction to Applied Pedagogy
- Introduction to Sport Development & Social Sciences
- Developing Lifelong Health & Performance
- The Sporting Environment
- Introduction to Higher Education Study Skills
- Introduction to Careers in Sport
- Personal, Professional & Academic Development (PPAD)
- Structure & Development of Sport
- Sociology of Sport
- Sport & Politics
- Sport Operations Management
- Physical Activity in the Community
- Community Sport Development
- Employability in Sport Development
- Project Management in Sport
- Research Methods for Sport Development
- Managing Sport Development
- Sport & Community Development
- Strategic Management of Sport Development
- Sport Development in Practice
- Sport Development Final Year Project (Dissertation, Consultancy or Team Project)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.