Birkbeck, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Our BSc Marketing will provide you with cutting-edge knowledge of contemporary marketing theory and practice, a strong grounding in established and emerging theories of marketing, and a firm grasp of specialist areas of marketing. This innovative course features an unmatched breadth of core and option modules. The curriculum further enables you to gain appropriate introductory knowledge of general business principles, as well as core skills in fundamental business management. You will have the opportunity to interact with academics working at the frontiers of the marketing discipline, as well as practitioner-guest speakers with real-life insights. Such a knowledge base and skills set are highly valued by employers. The programme attracts students from both the public and private sectors, including administrators, clerical workers and managers, as well as the self-employed. Because it is taught entirely by evening study, you are able to combine academic studies with your daytime commitments. Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds and with a wide range of experience, which creates a stimulating and supportive learning environment. Our tutorial/seminar sessions give you a chance to interact with your peers and to develop insights into analysing and interpreting a wide and varied subject matter. We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions. HIGHLIGHTS
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource, where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles required for your studies.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), which is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Birkbeck has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications through their Graduate Gateway Accreditation (GGA). CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and GGA, alongside our own degrees, ensures we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Unseen formal examinations, short tests, individual or group presentations and written essays
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses, foundation programmes and language support services to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Applicants who do not have grade C or grade 4 GCSE-level English and mathematics may be required to carry out a skills audit at a selection evening, which comprises mathematics and English.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6935||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry form
020 3907 0700
Our Clearing hotline opens at 8.30am on Tuesday 10th August until 6pm and 9am on Wednesday 11th August until 6pm. From Thursday 12th August our phone lines will be open 10.30 - 6pm (Mon-Thur) and 10.30 -5pm (Fri). Virtual Clearing Event - http://www.bbk.ac.uk/events/
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700