Prepare for a career in property investment and development, property management or any number of associated areas. As the UK's cities and towns continue to expand, there is an increased demand for experts in property and real estate management. This RICS accredited course reflects the real-world workings of the property and construction industries, preparing you for a career in property investment and development, property management or real estate management. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Develop a combination of technical knowledge and professional skills
- Study the planning, building, maintenance and day-to-day management of properties from domestic dwellings to full-scale industrial and commercial units
- Cover key topics including estate and property management; portfolio management; valuation for mortgages; negotiation for sale, purchase, leasing or auction; and the financial aspects of real estate, including the financing of real estate projects
- Explore the impact of urban and regional planning policies on property management
- Gain the skills to work with planners to enhance commercial development proposals within a given timescale and budget
- Fantastic sandwich year opportunities
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Part-time option for those already working in industry
- Industry experienced expert teaching team
- Real-life projects and the opportunity to access industry focused events through the Centre for Knowledge Exchange, an industry hub connecting the University to the regional built environment sector
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors course accreditation
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Law in the Built Environment
- City, Society & Property
- Introduction to Construction Technology
- Valuation 1: Introduction to Valuation
- Built Environment Economics
- Real Estate Profession & Practice
- Construction Technology
- Valuation 2: Valuation & Investment
- Property Management & Agency
- Urban Planning: Policy & Practice
- Property & Commercial Lease Law & Practice
- Property Development
- Valuation 3: Statutory Valuation, Valuation, Rating & Taxation
- Asset & Portfolio Management
- Professional Practice
- Experiential Learning (part-time only)
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding