Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Banking and finance are not only central to the country’s (and the world’s) economy – they also offer a diverse range of opportunities for your future. Whether you’re considering a career in personal banking, wealth management or corporate finance (to name but a few), our BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance programme offers the skills and knowledge you’ll need to get started. You’ll start off getting a good grounding in financial theory and practice, before exploring specialist areas in more depth – from retail banking and corporate finance, to risk management and the industry’s most influential institutions. You can also choose to spend a year working on a placement or studying abroad, developing valuable skills and boosting your career prospects. Whether you take the three or four-year route – and whatever specialist areas you choose in your final year – you’ll find a practical focus throughout your studies. Not only is everything we teach rooted in real-world experience and expertise, but we’ve designed the course to give you the kind of transferrable skills employers across the industry demand. Choose a placement or study abroad – the course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENIFITS
- Triple crown – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Top class location – study in the engine room of the Northern Powerhouse. Manchester boasts one of the largest financial services economies in Europe.
- ACCA exemptions – qualify for exemptions from ACCA professional accountancy exams.
- Finance experts – you’ll be taught by leading academics and professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, HMRC and the World Trade Organization.
- Free access to Bloomberg Terminal – make the most of the leading global platform used by the world’s banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Employability – kickstart your career at leading organisations. They recruit students from this course because of the quality and relevance of what we teach.
- Get social - join the Accounting, Finance and Banking Society and access a range of social events, weekend trips and a series of guest speakers from the accountancy, banking and finance industries.
- Networking opportunities - enjoy a range of opportunities to engage with graduate employers throughout your studies, including the annual accounting, finance and banking employer café where you can network with actively recruiting companies.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course