OVERVIEW Banking and finance are not only central to the country’s (and the world’s) economy – they also offer a diverse range of opportunities for your future. Whether you’re considering a career in personal banking, wealth management or corporate finance (to name but a few), our BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance programme offers the skills and knowledge you’ll need to get started. You’ll start off getting a good grounding in financial theory and practice, before exploring specialist areas in more depth – from retail banking and corporate finance, to risk management and the industry’s most influential institutions. You can also choose to spend a year working on a placement or studying abroad, developing valuable skills and boosting your career prospects. Whether you take the three or four-year route – and whatever specialist areas you choose in your final year – you’ll find a practical focus throughout your studies. Not only is everything we teach rooted in real-world experience and expertise, but we’ve designed the course to give you the kind of transferrable skills employers across the industry demand. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- ACCA exemptions – qualify for exemptions from ACCA professional accountancy exams.
- CII qualification – our alignment with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) gives undergraduate students in finance the opportunity to gain a CII qualification, in addition to their university degree through self-directed study, at a reduced academic rate.
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Inclusive student experience - you’ll be part of an accounting, finance and banking department that celebrates diversity in its staff and students, enabling us to provide you with a transformative educational experience.
- Finance experts – you’ll be taught by leading academics and professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, HMRC and the World Trade Organization.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Placement or study abroad flexibility – the course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies, so you don’t have to decide now.
- Supporting you in person and online - student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
- Get social - join the Accounting, Finance and Banking Society and access a range of social events, weekend trips and a series of guest speakers from the accountancy, banking and finance industries.
- Networking opportunities - enjoy a range of opportunities to engage with graduate employers throughout your studies, including the annual accounting, finance and banking employer café where you can network with actively recruiting companies.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69