Overview All educationalists use tests to assess their students’ progress. The Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) will help you understand the development of assessments with psychometric tests, how to use them effectively, and how to interpret the results. We will show you how to test appropriately, the available alternatives, and the best ways in which to use them. The Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) will enable you to apply for the BPS Test User Educational qualification and join the BPS’s Register of Qualifications in Test Use – a publicly searchable database of competence that will bolster your professional reputation. Add real value to your school
- Bring assessment skills in house and save money.
- Ensure value for money from support services – with your improved ability to target and commission quality services.
- Be able to provide accurate and reliable evidence and advice to parents, colleagues, and managers.
- Gain real expertise in the reading and writing of professional reports.
- Register competence on the publicly searchable BPS Register of Qualifications in Test Use.
- Complete the extension module (AAC) to be able to write reports for access arrangements.
- Harness your day-to-day professional experience and work with your tutor to develop your skills.
- Theories, reflections, and activities will help you explore aspects of your own and others’ practice.
- Engage with flexible e-learning.
- Study online and integrate your learning into your working day.
- Take part in a flexible module that draws on a broad range of learning tasks and practical experience.
- Work closely with your peers and dedicated tutors online.
- Experience mentoring and work placements that complement your learning.
- Utilise the latest video and multimedia content, case studies and problem-based scenarios, directed reading, structured learning logs, online discussion, online questionnaires, peer evaluation, and webinars.
- Take a step towards CPT3A - As soon as you complete the Educational Testing (CCET) module, you will be able to take AAC – our concise online extension module.
- Obtain exclusive access to Campus Online.
- Interact with your peers using our advanced learning platform and our unique student forum.
- We will ensure that you never feel lonely or unsupported in your studies.
- Enjoy dedicated specialist support from a broad range of experienced tutors.
- Receive expert guidance from us throughout the module.
- Our SENCOs and EPs know the education sector inside out.
- Intensive course dates - We hold at least six events per year.
- Online course option - start at a time that suits you.
CCET Educational test administration Introduction to testing Administer and score tests correctly and accurately. Maintain security and confidentiality of the test materials and test data. The statistical principles of psychometrics Learn about standardisation and the creation of psychometric tests. Interpret data in comparison to the rest of the population. Test theory and reliability – how accurate and reliable are tests? Validity – how do we know what tests are measuring? Using attainment and ability tests Understand the theories of intelligence and how they affect test construction. Test bias influences outcomes and makes adjustments to accommodate a disability – including anti-discriminatory practice. Choose tests that meet your needs and are fit for your purpose. Assessment, interpretation and giving feedback Make good decisions about using psychologist tests. Interpret test data and use it correctly and wisely. Provide written and oral feedback to clients and their carers. Use and understand alternatives to test data.
You will need to produce: Multiple-choice questionnaires on the purpose and types of assessment and statistical principles. A paper on the statistical principles that underpin psychometric tests. A critical review of an educational test in line with European standards. A written paper on intelligence testing and discrimination. Video evidence of test administration competence. A comprehensive written report of an assessment, including test scores from at least two, administered psychometric tests. Video evidence of competent oral feedback to a client or the client’s parents/carers.
How to apply
This course is available online to complete anywhere in the world. Please visit this page on our website - https://realtraining.co.uk/information-for-international-students - for advice on payment options and other information relevant to those studying outside the UK.
As it’s an open-access course, you do not have to have any previous qualifications to take it.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We do not qualify for any scholarships or funding for this programme. We offer the option to pay in instalments of either 1, 3 or 10.