OVERVIEW BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Promotion at Norwich University of the Arts is designed to enable you, as a talented and self-motivated student, to develop strong ideas and the confidence to implement them through the use of appropriate media and technologies. On our multi-disciplinary course, you will learn to combine analytical, editorial and marketing expertise with your preferred creative skills, whether you are interested in graphic design and illustration, or film and photography. The result will be original and imaginative content driven by your strategies for promotional campaigns, events, magazines and media, both print and digital. YEAR 0 This course includes a Year 0, which promotes developing practical, technical and creative skills and confidence. Building on your prior experience, you will be introduced to some of our workshops to assist your skill development, with an increasing emphasis on professional standards and independent study. The course places emphasis on your personal commitment to study, while supporting you in your progression. KEY FEATURES
- Share the first-year curriculum with BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing and Business, allowing you to study shared core fashion fundamentals including fashion history, contextual awareness, branding, marketing, industry awareness and effective communication techniques
- Engage with a wider range of topics, examine more complex concepts and explore the use of new media and digital technologies as tools for innovation and creativity within fashion communication and promotion
- Consider the impact of sustainability and develop forward-thinking ideas that could affect social change through fashion ventures
- Explore the use of traditional and new media in a wide range of possible avenues for creative practice
- Have the potential to shape the future of the fashion industry; you could even contribute to the evolution of totally new creative roles
- Consider fashion communication from conceptual and commercial perspectives, explore a diversity of products and markets and develop an understanding of the interconnected global nature of the industry.
You can find more information about the content of the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Promotion (including Year 0) course at www.nua.ac.uk/4-year-degrees/
The University assesses you through the coursework you produce as you complete each unit. Each unit will require you to present a portfolio of work which may include finished pieces of work, written work, your research, and a reflective journal which allows you to evaluate your learning and highlight your strengths and areas for further development. You can find out more information about our assessment methods at www.nua.ac.uk/assessment/
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Norwich welcomes applicants of all ages from all backgrounds. Your application will be primarily assessed through your portfolio, responses to questions asked and personal statement, so even if you have no formal qualifications or do not meet our typical offers it can still be worth applying. If you are studying at the time of your application and your application is successful it is likely that you will receive a conditional offer. If the qualification that you are studying is not shown, do not worry as we are able to accept other pre-entry qualifications as well as combinations of different qualifications.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Norwich University of the Arts
3-7 Redwell Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page