Muscle and bone. Brains and biochemistry. The fuel we consume and the air we breathe. Develop an expert understanding of the systems and organs that make humans tick. Our MSc Human Physiology course offers a detailed look at physiology, letting you explore the fundamental systems of human life. On this masters course, you’ll build advanced knowledge of different systems or specialisms. You will not only learn how our bodies work, but you’ll also develop the key techniques and technologies for investigating normal and abnormal physiology. From the lab-based work that helps to develop new treatments and therapies to the clinical care that touches (and saves) lives. You will have the opportunity to deep dive into a topic of your choice with an independent research project. You will be able to tackle the issues that fascinate you – exploring areas that match your personal interests and career ambitions. Every strand of medical practice and research starts by understanding the systems of the human body. So, while physiology is a specialist subject – developed in cutting-edge labs, with the guidance of leaders in their fields – it’s also a versatile foundation for a broad range of different futures. Our MSc Human Physiology aims to allow you to pursue a range of career paths when you graduate. From progressing to PhD level or becoming a physiologist in a healthcare setting to pursuing a role in teaching, management or scientific writing. Features and Benefits
- Specialist course – This is one of the few taught postgraduate courses in human physiology in the UK.
- Cutting-edge facilities – We have an extensive range of equipment in our specialist laboratories for blood biochemistry, biomechanics, motor control and exercise performance with expert technical support, including a super-resolution confocal microscope, a state-of-the-art MRI scanner.
- Practical connections – We work in partnership with hospitals and businesses across the region, offering the chance to help organise projects in clinical or industry-relevant areas.
- Athena SWAN award – Manchester Metropolitan University’s commitment to promoting and advancing gender equality in STEM subjects is recognised with a Bronze Athena SWAN award.
- Online learning – Our virtual learning environment ‘Moodle’ provides access to your personalised timetable, course and assessment information, and library resources, ensuring essential materials are at your fingertips when you need them.
- Investing in your future - We’re transforming our science and engineering campus. Opening in 2023, our multi-million redevelopment provides a professional study environment with world-class facilities, including a brand new 200-capacity super lab, so you’re well prepared to experience life within a modern industry setting when you graduate.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building