University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our English Literature BA is a diverse and stimulating degree in which you will encounter a range of different kinds of writing, from the Early Modern period to the present day. We emphasise an ethical approach to the subject, relating the study of literature to significant contemporary themes such as environmentalism, social justice, gender equality and disability inclusion. Key features
- Available as a Single Honours degree or as part of a Joint Honours degree with subjects including Creative Writing, English Language, Media & Cultural Studies, and History
- Guest lectures from literary figures such as Owen Sheers, Carol Ann Duffy and Patience Agbabi
- Develop expertise suited to a range of careers, from teaching to marketing. You will also be well prepared for postgraduate study
- Through our work project module and numerous internship opportunities, you can enhance your employability whilst you study
- Excellent industry links, including partnerships with Worcester Cathedral and Hay Festival
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.