Marketing graduates with a confident understanding of dynamic modern business marketing are highly employable. This professionally accredited degree ensures you are up to the minute with developments across communications digital and social media as well as essential business functions like finance human resource management and operations. Central to life in the 21st century marketing embraces psychology management sociology and popular culture. This course introduces you to all these wider fields while drilling down to study buyer behaviour marketing data analysis branding innovation competition media channels and communications. You engage with both the theory and practice of marketing making links between your studies and workplace practice. You also work on practical marketing projects from real companies learning from professional practitioners. Our professionally accredited course provides you with the opportunity to take the Introductory Certificate in Marketing qualification awarded by the renowned Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with further exemption opportunities for the CIM Professional Certificate and CIM Professional Diploma. 'I appreciate all the help you’ve given me over the years and would like you to know that you’ve made a huge impact in my life for which I will forever feel grateful! Thanks for being such great mentors!'
- Recent graduate winner of Executive Dean’s award
- Industry Expert Panel and constant opportunities with live projects - partner logos listed above
- Study the latest in marketing and communications developments across contemporary contexts including international business
- Learn from staff with extensive industry experience while working on real marketing projects
- Explore a range of potential career options including sales; brand management; business development; market research; communications; and customer liaison
- Benefit from a degree that allows you to step into a marketing career using your CIM qualification
- Develop your career opportunities with a year’s fee-free placement in industry (see below) building your experience adding to your CV and helping you make contacts for the future
- If you need a step up into higher education take the degree over four years and start with a Foundation Year
- Thriving Marketing Club with external events
- Accredited by Charted institute of Marketing Silver and The Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM)
- Business Practice Explored (BSS005-1) Compulsory - Consumer Behaviour (MAR022-1) Compulsory - Customer Relationship Management (MAR018-1) Compulsory - Introduction To Digital Marketing And Analytics (MAR020-1) Compulsory - Principles Of Marketing (MAR001-1) Compulsory - Using Data To Build Business Practice (BSS004-1) Compulsory - Brand Management (MAR016-2) Compulsory - Career In Practice (MAR027-2) Compulsory - Contemporary Issues In Marketing (MAR030-2) Compulsory - Digital Innovation And Entrepreneurship (MAR038-2) Compulsory - Interactive Marketing Management (MAR032-2) Compulsory - Marketing Communications In The Digital Age (MAR021-2) Compulsory - Continuing Professional Development (MAR027-3) Compulsory - Marketing Ethics And Corporate Social Responsibility (Csr) (MAR028-3) Compulsory - Marketing In A Global Context (MAR014-3) Compulsory - Preparation For Specialist Research Project (MAR029-3) Compulsory - Specialist Research Project (MAR030-3) Compulsory - Topical Marketing Communications Practice (MAR031-3) Compulsory Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
The assessment strategy supports the course's focus on being an independent learner and employability. Your subject knowledge and key skills such as team work, communication, information literacy, research and evaluation, creativity and critical thinking are tested throughout the course using various relevant assessments to meet the learning outcomes as well as your different learning styles. The key subject themes increase in intensity as you progress to the next level and then to the final year, allowing you to build on previous knowledge. The assessments are therefore designed to support you to work both in a team and independently. The assessments reflects incremental learning as well as focus on being a confident independent learner by providing more group work opportunities at the start of your course to build your team skills and engagement, and progresses to more individual and guided assessments to challenge you academically and professionally. The variations of assessments you will engage with ensures that you accumulate all the skills necessary to interact efficiently within the world of marketing. For all assessments, you will have an assignment brief which clearly sets out requirements and the criteria for grading your work; this develops your understanding of the assessment standards and what is needed to do well at a task. You will receive feedback on all your assessments to enable you to improve your learning. It is important that you use this feedback accordingly to maximise your performance on future assignments and to buttress your learning.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course