Learn how to apply powerful computing technology to real-world data science problems. Modern societies produce huge amounts of data. However, this information is only useful if we can analyse it and gain practical insights. Data science combines powerful computing technology, sophisticated statistical methods, and expert subject knowledge to carry out this analysis. It is a field that has emerged over recent decades, and is now an exciting, fulfilling, and high-profile career choice, with positions available in many diverse fields. Why study Data Science at Kent:
- You will graduate with a range of skills including data science, machine learning and communication skills, as well as more specific knowledge in areas such as Python, SQL, Java and Hadoop
- Study in award-winning classrooms and breakout spaces
- You’ll be taught by internationally renowned mathematicians and statisticians whose varied interests lead to a broad range of optional modules
- You will benefit from free membership of the Kent Maths Society and Invicta Actuarial Society
- You could be employed as a Student Ambassador, earning money while you study by inspiring the next generation of mathematicians.
- Option to take the course with a Foundation Year (UCAS: G192); or with a Year in Industry (UCAS: G191)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course