The Accounting and Finance course at Kent is designed to kick-start your career in the fields of finance and accountancy. It equips you with core accounting and finance theories and knowledge of the latest techniques which you can apply to real data in our Bloomberg Finance Lab. You’ll learn about accounting and finance, its role in business and society, and explore core elements of the subject such as Financial Accounting, Business Law, Economics and Strategic Management. You can also choose to focus on specialist areas such as taxation, auditing, international investment, and banking. Reasons to Study Accounting and Finance at Kent
- Our degree is accredited by: ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, CPA with maximum exam exemptions.
- Gain access to our Bloomberg Lab to use industry standard trading floor simulation software.
- We feature in the top 1% of business schools globally with triple accreditation status from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS
- Gain employability support during your studies and for three years after you graduate.
- Add a Year Abroad or Year in Industry for real-world experience or take a 'Selfie Year' and launch your own business through ASPIRE.
Stage 1 Your first year is designed to provide you with a solid foundation in the understanding of accounting and finance practices and their related functions, such as economics, law and management, and contexts, such as local, regional and global developments. Stage 2 Your second year becomes more specialised, allowing you to develop your critical thinking of accounting and finance with greater emphasis on the key concepts and theories to develop intellectual agility and provides an opportunity to apply theory to practice. Stage 3 Your final year allows you to develop your specialist knowledge with flexibility to choose modules covering topics such as taxation, auditing, advanced financial accounting and advanced management accounting. You also have the opportunity to pick modules from our wider KBS portfolio of business-related topics. This allows you to tailor your degree to your future career and lifelong learning requirements.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Public Finance and Accountancy, Chartered Institute of
- Certified Practising Accountants - Australia
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Direct entry into Year 2 of this programme is considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course