Birmingham City University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Study our BSc Property Development and Planning degree course and you’ll uncover the theory, methods and tools needed to succeed in the planning and development professions. If you aspire to gain chartered town planner status in the UK, you’ll be pleased to know our course has been developed in line with the requirements of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI). We will help you to develop professional skills so you can design, create and maintain places of high quality and strong design.. What's covered in the course? The BSc (Hons) / MPlan Property Development and Planning course reflects the changing professional context of planning, land and property development, and the connections between the range of professions active in managing the built environment. Some of the content is shared with our other professionally-accredited built environment courses, so you will receive a varied and comprehensive education focused towards relevant professional employment. Understanding professional requirements, standards, ethics and behaviour are important throughout the course – and your working life. You will assess how property development can affect individuals and groups, examining the process and outcomes. The financial aspects of property development and management are also covered. You will look at how town planning can facilitate appropriate development: development plans, policies and projects, as well as examining the physical, technical, legal, environmental and political factors affecting development decisions. You will develop your awareness of the complexities and variety within and between different communities, as well as evaluating community participation and empowerment. You will build skills in managing yourself and working with others, including those from related professions, to identify and achieve the best outcomes for clients, communities and places. You will meet professionals currently working in practice, who contribute to the Property Development and Planning course and help ensure that you get the most up-to-date ideas and information. You will be encouraged and supported to become a student member of a relevant professional body, to join in its activities and events, and to become a confident professional. Why Choose Us?
- Accredited Course - This course is accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Gain an MPlan qualification - You have the option to progress on to our integrated Master’s course, enabling you to obtain an MPlan qualification.
- A leading provider - We are ranked 6th in the UK for courses in Land and Property Management (The Complete University Guide, 2020).
- Study at the heart of Birmingham’s regeneration - It’s an exciting time to study in Birmingham as it undergoes a huge regeneration. The Big City Plan, a 20-year vision covering every aspect of the built environment, is creating a wealth of opportunities, now and in the future, for those with built environment qualifications.
- Gain valuable industry insight - Guest speakers, field trips and research-informed teaching prepare you for a successful career.
- State-of-the-art facilities - You will be based at our Millennium Point campus in City Centre, where our facilities have undergone a £6.5 million investment to provide you with the very best learning experience.
- Flexible course – this course is available to be studied full-time or part-time to suit you.
- Scholarships - You might be eligible for grant funding of up to £9,500 towards your degree, through the Built Environment Scholarship. You may also be able to gain funding through our travel scholarship scheme.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|