With increasing concerns about climate change and the impacts of humans on our planet there has never been a more important time to study this highly contemporary and engaging course if you truly want to make a difference. The demand for environmental and sustainability experts is unprecedented; this new and exciting course has been created specifically to address how we can manage the environment better with a key focus on sustainable futures. The course has been inspired by leading employers and developed in conjunction with experts working in the environmental sector. Employability skills are therefore at the core of your learning. Employers will want the skills you acquire. You will gain skills in the assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and interpretation of interactions between humans and the environment, and learn how to develop recommendations for sustainable management. Our students therefore graduate with the confidence to enter the workplace and make a difference. You will be taught by university lecturers carrying out internationally recognised research to address environmental issues, including pollution, sustainable food production, and the conservation of species and habitats. At the University of Worcester, we will work with you to help ensure you get more from your degree than just an excellent education and excellent student experience. In 2019, the University of Worcester was voted “Sustainability Institution of the Year” at the prestigious Green Gown Awards and in 2021 was ranked in the Top 5 (out of 182) in the People & Planet University League for UK’s Greenest Universities. Foundation Year This route to a degree in Environmental Management & Sustainability is aimed at students from non-traditional academic backgrounds or those who have not fully achieved the entry requirements to commence studying BSc Environmental Management & Sustainability at Level 4. The Foundation Year aims to develop students’ knowledge and understanding of fundamental facts, concepts and principles in the areas of biological and environmental sciences. On successful completion of the course students will have a range of skills to ensure they are well prepared to progress onto Level 4 of the Environmental Management & Sustainability programme. For specific Foundation Year course information visit: https://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/biological-sciences-with-foundation-year You can also take Environmental Management & Sustainability with a Foundation Year and a Professional Placement Year as a 5-year course. Please see the separate UCAS pages for further information. Key Features:
- Two fully funded Residential Field Courses to the Brecon Beacons (Wales) and Provence (France) currently planned for 2022/23.
- Extensive training and use of state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to measure and monitor environmental impacts, including using drones to sample and map air pollution.
- A course that equips you with the skills needed to investigate environmental issues in relation to the sustainable management of resources.
- Being taught by internationally recognised researchers at the forefront of their disciplines.
- Strong emphasis on the attainment of field and lab skills enabling students to thoroughly investigate issues and gain the skills demanded by employers.
- Superb links with the environmental sector enabling you to gain additional skills and experiences outside of the degree programme.
- Opportunity to gain extra professional experience by taking a Professional Placement Year or Professional Work Placement within the environmental sector.
- Emphasis on authentic coursework assessments preparing you for the workplace.
- Opportunity to study a foreign language and/or study overseas for part of your course.
You can select optional modules during all years of study, enabling you to specialise in key areas of Environmental Management & Sustainability. For a breakdown of all modules you will study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'. Please feel free to request an Environmental Management & Sustainability Course Handbook directly from the course leader Dr Duncan Westbury ([email protected]).
There is a strong emphasis on assessing students through coursework based on real-world, authentic examples. For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
You should be at least 18 years old and have GCSE English Language at grade C/4 or above, or the equivalent. We welcome mature students without the usual formal qualifications. Your application will be considered based your skills, experience and how prepared you are to complete the course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course