Understand the way noise can be controlled in the workplace, in buildings and in the wider environment. You’ll learn to develop practical solutions to noise problems. As part of this course you’ll:
- Enhance your understanding of acoustics and the way noise can be controlled
- Study the theory of acoustics and how you can apply your knowledge to solve noise problems
- Underpin your professional practice with the latest research
- Have access to our fully equipped state-of-the-art laboratory, with its anechoic and reverberation chambers and modern noise analysis equipment
- Learn from experienced acoustic consultants
- Be encouraged to develop your professional network through our links with local authority employers .
- Specialist facilities
- Part-time, blended learning
- Research-led teaching
- Internationally recognised.
Modules include: Research and practice development (dissertation); research methods in health and wellbeing.
Applicants should have successfully completed the Institute of Acoustics (IoA) Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control course. All applications should be supported by either an academic or professional reference. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.0 with no skills below 5.5, or an equivalent qualification.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course