Want to keep the wheels of commerce turning? Our BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology degree with a foundation year will equip you to support the computing needs of commerce and industry A Business Information Technology degree is your passport to an absorbing career in some of the world's biggest, most exciting companies. While studying our course, you will use dedicated facilities as well as work with tutors, researchers and business partners to apply information technology to serve business needs. Theory will be combined with practical skills which you can exercise in case studies and live projects, ensuring you graduate with a sound understanding of business and system analysis. About the Foundation Year The Foundation Year course option enables you to study for our BSc (Hons) degree over an extended full-time duration of four years by including a Foundation Certificate (year one of four). The Foundation Certificate provides a broad study programme that underpins the follow-on degree. In order to progress to the next year of your degree, it is necessary to achieve a pass in all of the modules of the Foundation Certificate. What's covered in the course? You will work collaboratively with tutors, researchers and businesses, applying practice-based skills to real-life case studies and live project briefs which will develop your problem-solving and analytical skills. Learn how to think like a coder, to influence the design, development and use of information systems and technology in organisations. You will also gain an in-depth understanding on how organisations can harness the data to improve decision-making. In summary, this course will give you the skills and knowledge to make IT work for businesses. Develop your technical, research, design and organisational ability, and leave with the skills employers want. Work in our advanced software development and computer programming labs, using dedicated facilities for systems analysis, networking, e-commerce and business intelligence – all of which reflect advanced professional practice. Why Choose Us?
- You will work in advanced software development and computer programming labs, using dedicated facilities for systems analysis, networking, e-commerce and business intelligence – all of which reflect advanced professional practice.
- You will have the option of a sandwich year, enabling you to undertake valuable work experience.
- You will gain experience in working in multidisciplinary teams and understand how to apply your skills within a range of industries.
- You’ll get to work in our £260 million City Centre Campus, using state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies.
- Graduates have gone on to work at companies and organisations such as IBM, Mercedes-Benz and Microsoft.
- You will benefit from the expertise of our academic staff, who have a wealth of industry experience.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|