The Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc at Leeds will build on the core foundations you’ve learned already in chemical engineering, advancing your skills in this continually evolving discipline. The course has been specifically designed to provide greater depth in aspects of advanced chemical engineering and a range of up-to-date process technologies. These will enable you to design, operate and manage processes and associated manufacturing plants whilst providing leadership in innovation, research and development and technology transfer. You’ll study in the School of Process and Chemical Engineering which is actively involved in developing ‘internationally excellent’ research that has impacted the world. This gives us first-hand insight into the latest trends and practices in modern chemical engineering — much of which is fed directly into the course. This means that, once you graduate, you’ll be fully equipped with the forward-thinking, relevant and topical knowledge sought after by global companies in industry. Plus, your extensive skill set will open the door to many different career paths — from developing cleaner energy to pharmaceutical formulation. During your studies, you’ll also have access to specialist facilities that will complement your curriculum requirements and be taught by expert lecturers who are leaders in their fields. Why study at Leeds:
- Graduate with an IChemE-accredited MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering from a university that ranks in the top 100 in the world for Cchemical Eengineering, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022.
- Learn the latest chemical engineering innovations in areas such as sustainable systems and processes which link directly to our impactful, 'real world' research conducted right here in our School.
- Advance your knowledge and skills in critical areas sought after in industry such as reaction engineering, multi-scale modelling and product design and development.
- Conduct your own individual research project as part of your course and gain industry experience in planning, executing and reporting.
- Access research-grade equipment and specialist facilities, including computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for modelling and simulation of a wide range of processes, and facilities for nanotechnology and colloid science and technology.
- Experience excellent practical and theoretical teaching delivered by a programme team with a wealth of expertise and experience across many chemical and process engineering disciplines.
- Enhance your career prospects and join our successful alumni who have pursued careers in some of the most revered companies in industry worldwide including P&G and Pfizer.
- Master the most up-to-date practices and techniques recognised in industry on a course that has been directly informed and advised by the Industrial Advisory Board.
You’ll be assessed using a range of techniques including problem sheets, technical reports, presentations, in-class tests, assignments and exams. Optional modules may also use alternative assessments.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chemical Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This course has a subject classification which requires students whose nationality is outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to have an ATAS certificate, irrespective of country of residence at the point of application.
Further information can be found on the UK Government's website: www.gov.uk/academic-technology-approval-scheme
A bachelor degree with a minimum of 2:1 (hons) or equivalent in chemical engineering. Applicants with a high 2.2 may be considered on an individual basis where they can demonstrate competence in specific modules and/or with relevant professional industrial experience.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||No less than 6.0 in any component|
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course