The UK's animation industry is global success, so there's never been a better time to start your career as an animator. As an ambitious designer and creative thinker, you explore all aspects of 2D and 3D animation on this cutting-edge degree course. We'll equip you with the critical and technical skills required to produce animated works, alongside learning about scriptwriting, character development, storyboarding and cinematography. This course will give you the professional, creative, intellectual and technical skills you’ll need to work successfully within the international animation industry. Learn about animation in a way that reflects current art and industry practice. You’ll explore the different areas of animation through studio practice, academic research, and independent study. By the end of the course you’ll have developed project work and films that build into a professional show reel tailored to your own career aspirations, ready to launch your career . Key features
- Study the broadest range of disciplines from course staff with expertise in drawing for animation, storyboarding, 2D and 3D character animation, experimental animation, visual development, previs, lookdev, story development, production and direction.
- Have access to industry-standard equipment and software such as Maya, TVPaint, CelAction2D, ZBrush and Adobe CC.
- Develop your professional skills through self-initiated work experience placements, industry competitions, collaborations with organisations and guest lectures.
- Apply to study part of your degree abroad through our European or international exchange programmes.
- Be selected to showcase your work at international film festivals, such as the Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
- We're ranked 12th best University for Art and Design in the UK. (The Complete University Guide 2021)
- 95% of BA (Hons) Animation students are satisfied with their course. (National Student Survey 2020).
- Animation Principles (100 credit points)
- Animation Studies I (20 credit points)
- Animation Studio (60 credit points)
- Animation Studies II (20 credit points)
- Co Lab: Research, Exploration and Risk-taking (20 credit points)
- Optional module: You will also choose one optional 20-credit module from:
- Animation Specialist Project (100 credit points)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
A lower offer may be made based on a range of factors, including your background (such as where you live and the school or college you attended), your experiences and individual circumstances (you may have been in care, for example). This is called a contextual offer and we get data from UCAS to make these decisions. NTU offers a student experience like no other, and this approach helps us to find students who have the potential to succeed here, but may have faced barriers that can make it more difficult to access university. We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|