Should states have the power to strip people of their citizenship? How do we survive ecological collapse? What do algorithms mean for democracy? How about the fascination with authoritarian leaders and their followers? Come study and debate with us. Why study BA (Hons) Politics at BU?
- A dynamic and interdisciplinary course exploring power and (in)equality, justice and conflict in a world shaped by economic, a pandemic and climate crises
- You can choose units tailored to your passions and career aspirations
- We cover a range of issues including populism, leadership, diplomacy, race, gender, identity, and environmental activism
- Gain hands-on experience as political pundits, experts, fact-checkers, journalists and researchers through participation in staff-student run projects
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV in a 4-week or 30-week placement.
- Be part of a community studying politics through regular events, film screenings, discussions and debates organized and led by students’ BU Politics Society.
- You can choose units tailored to your passions and career aspirations. 100% of graduates felt that staff made the subject interesting. (source DiscoverUni 2022).
History of Political Thought | Critical Debates in Contemporary Politics | Political Sociology | Global Governance and International Relations | Researching Politics | Public Opinion & Persuasion | Digital Politics | Political Psychology | Political Journalism | Civil Society and Social Movements | Political Marketing and Campaigning
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 4
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information