With this two-year foundation degree programme, we’re offering our expertise in coaching and sport development in the ideal environment – working with Manchester City F.C.’s award-winning community foundation. Work-based learning plus Premier League surroundings will equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience you’ll need to find success as a coach or sports programme leader. As part of your studies, you could be teaching primary school children basic movement skills or supporting older people in their return to sport to improve their quality of life and wellbeing. Through a blend of academic units and practical coaching experience, you will learn how coaching sport improves aspects of mental and physical health. The programme will cover all angles of project development – from planning and delivering activity, through to measuring impact – to help understand the potential of sporting opportunities to make a positive difference in the community. Throughout the degree, you will be mentored and supported by practitioners from Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation and academic experts at Manchester Met, to give you a well-rounded perspective of community sport coaching and development initiatives. Once you’ve finished your two-year programme, you’ll have the option of extending your stay – building on those foundations to achieve a BSc (Hons) Manchester City Community Football Coaching qualification, subject to the successful completion of Level 5 study and programme team endorsement. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Delivered in partnership with Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation, this programme has been designed to build knowledge in a broad range of areas, from coaching practice and sport performance analysis to sociology and sport development.
- Taught at the Etihad Campus, home to MCFC and City Football Academy. More than 450 players train on site every week in the Academy, from under 6s to the first team.
- A core strand of this programme of study is its work-based learning activities. You will undertake work experience with Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation across all three years of study, which will equip you with an array of employability skills and attributes.
- We are also investing heavily in our existing sites at the John Dalton building, Platt Lane Sports Complex and Sugden Sports Centre.
- You will be taught by highly experienced academics from the Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences and will also be mentored and supported by sport coaching practitioners from Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation.
- This programme will provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge and experience to find success in community sport coaching and beyond.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
Additional entry requirements
Due to the nature of City in the Community projects, all learners will require an enhanced DBS check and clearance. We are currently unable to accept applications for this course, from international students who require a visa to study in the UK.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69