Birkbeck, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Our BSc Accounting and Management with Finance provides you with a high-level education in accounting and finance, and explains their role in management in both the public and private sectors. You will develop a detailed knowledge of finance, accounting practices, strategic management, marketing, managerial economics and quantitative techniques. The programme is designed to create an optional pathway for the quantitative-minded students on our BSc Accounting and Management programme, thus allowing them to gain the 'with Finance' title in their degree. It is an academically rigorous programme with emphasis on the accounting, management and finance disciplines. Birkbeck has a diverse student community, which creates a stimulating and supportive learning environment. You will interact with peers possessing a broad range of experience, many of whom will have come directly from careers as administrators, clerical workers or managers, to develop more detailed and nuanced insights into accounting and management. This course is taught entirely by evening study, enabling you to combine your academic studies with daytime commitments. HIGHLIGHTS
- Recognised by CIMA, ACCA and CFA UK.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Birkbeck’s research excellence was confirmed in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, which placed Birkbeck 30th in the UK for research, with 73% of our research rated world-leading or internationally excellent.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
For information about course structure and the moules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Most modules are assessed by an unseen formal examination and coursework; examinations are normally taken at the end of each term.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CFA Society of the UK
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don’t meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses, foundation programmes and language support services to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications, as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Applicants who do not have grade C or grade 4 in GCSE-level English and mathematics may be required to carry out a skills audit at a selection evening, which comprises English and mathematics. This audit assesses an applicant’s potential to cope with, and benefit from, a particular programme of study.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry form
020 3907 0700
Our Clearing hotline opens at 8.30am on Tuesday 10th August until 6pm and 9am on Wednesday 11th August until 6pm. From Thursday 12th August our phone lines will be open 10.30 - 6pm (Mon-Thur) and 10.30 -5pm (Fri). Virtual Clearing Event - http://www.bbk.ac.uk/events/
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700