Overview Studying these subjects in combination allows you to embark on a captivating journey through the realms of storytelling, communication, and visual arts. You will investigate industry advances and technology in research-inspired lectures, seminars and workshops and explore representation and ideology through a variety of media forms and film genres. This course offers an exciting opportunity to explore the intricate connections between Journalism and Media & Film Studies where you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in the fast-paced and multifaceted world of contemporary media and Journalism. Key features
- Staff with expertise and industry experience will teach you the core skills of journalism – how to spot, write, produce and sell a story for news, magazine, television, radio and social media
- We extend learning beyond the classroom and provide opportunities to learn whilst at a 4DX cinema screening, a festival or at a mixed reality gaming arcade, for example. We also host events with guest speakers and develop our course culture through our trips and socials
- You’ll learn the practical skills you need, including recording and editing sound and video using both professional and mobile kit and have access to the University’s radio and TV studios
- You will be introduced to leading innovators in the media, technology and creative industries. Our regional and national professional contacts include: digital marketing agencies, public relations agencies; immersive media agencies; A & R music representatives working with NFTs; local political party offices; award-winning content creatives; galleries and museums; festival and event organisers; charities and youth work
- Partnerships with media organisations, including the BBC, and PR agencies give you the chance for placements to see what it’s really like to work within the profession
- The University of Worcester has been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in the Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings every year since its inception in 2019. The University has also been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Gender Equality in all years of the rankings and currently holds the number one spot (2023).
- Worcester rose to become the number one English university (excluding specialist institutions) for sustained employment, further study, or both, three and five years after graduation in the 2022 Government-published Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey, having been in the top 10 in 2020 and 2021. 96% of our graduates are in work or further study 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022).
- Worcester is a leader in sustainability and has been awarded First Class Honours in the People and Planet Green League each and every year since 2009. In 2019, the University was named Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards and was Highly Commended in the global awards at the UN.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course